The Shifter approach
Prevas Frequency Shifter recognizes the need for a dynamic setting of the frequencies. The example below show a two-path set up, and how the Frequency-band shifter is placed in-between the base station (DUT) and the simulator.
The architecture of the Frequency-band Shifter enables support for MIMO etc, and with a theoretical support for simultaneously shifting an unlimited amount of paths, all locked to the same reference.
The Frequency-band Shifter is primarily used in two areas of the communication industry;
- The design phase of RF communication equipment, like base-stations.
- Field test and validation of networks.
The Frequency-band Shifter offer massive cost reductions when used in test-solutions based on traditional simulators like Aeroflex® TM 500 and unparalleled performance related to phase-noise and spurious if compared with build-it-yourself solutions. Last but not least, the solution saves a lot of space compared to similar functionality.
- PXI with 2 uplink and 2 downlink converters from National Instruments.
- LO tuning of the down converter in order to optimize the system performance.
- LabVIEW application with a GUI and remote control (Ethernet) with frequency preset.